As part of the town’s efforts in this year’s Northumbria in Bloom Competition, Chester-le-Street in Bloom are holding a Best Dressed Shop Window / Business Competition.
- The competition is open to all and is free to enter. Entrants must follow a horticultural / floral / gardening theme. The idea is to produce something distinctive and fun – to raise a smile and spark interest from visitors and residents while promoting the town’s in-bloom effort.
- Please have windows in place from 21 June with an aim (if possible) to keep displays in place until Northumbria In Bloom judging day on 20 July.
- Due to Covid restrictions, this year’s window-dressing judging will be carried out online, and Chester-le-Street in Bloom ask all entries to submit up to three photographs of their window by 28 June to email@example.com.
As normal, lucky winners will be awarded with commissioned trophies / certificates.
There will be the following categories:
- Blooming Fabulous Front Award
- Blooming Good Fun Award
- Best Blooming Business Award
- People’s Choice Award – The general public can vote for their winner through the Chester-le-Street Area Action Partnership Facebook page.
Shop Chester-le-Street is delighted to help spread the word, but if you have any further queries, please contact Kate Allison of the Chester-le-Street in Bloom group direct (03000 266058 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
Good luck everyone – let’s spread some floral-themed cheer this summer!